Tuesday, April 12, 2016

New Addition=Our world Tuesday

Huss Center for the Performing Arts



This spectacular building is the new addition to the school in which I used to teach that was an integral part of my world for 30 years before retirement.  Occasionally I visit to have lunch with former colleagues and to attend art exhibits in the school's gallery.  The new auditorium shown above is a beautifully designed feature that already has become a part of the community.  The St. Paul Chamber Orchestra has performed several Sunday afternoons in this space, events which have been very well-received by the community.  If you look closely you can see students artwork gracing the walls of the hall leading to the auditorium. Because I did not take a photo of the auditorium, I decided to show you one of the pieces of art, among the many that I enjoyed seeing when I went to the concert last Sunday. This particular piece was the work of a 9th grader. 


 Linking to Our World Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a fantastic new arts center. That work of art you featured is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new arts center is always welcome! Love the dancer in silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why that art really stood out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely work of art, heavily inspired by Australian Aboriginal art I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the building and the art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an interesting modern design and will I'm sure be a wonderful addition to the school. Lucky students!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!