Sunday, April 17, 2016

Margaret Atwood-Saluting Women #6



I just realized that three of the women I chose to salute are well-known published writers; perhaps there is a bias in my selections! Margaret Atwood also appeared at St. Paul's Fitzgerald Theatre in the popular literary Talking Volume's series in October of 2013 when I took this photo of her on stage.  Atwood is a widely published and popular Canadian writer.  During her interview with Kerri Miller, Atwood literally "took over" the interview with her sharp, witty and very humorous questions, answers, and musings.  This smart, talented woman amused me and captivated me with her lively personality.To learn more about Margaret Atwood, go here.

7 comments:

  1. I have heard about her, but never read a book of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here.

    Question.Forgive me I do not know how to contact you.
    Need a second book for my trip: Do I read Paris in Love
    Or a Moveable Feast? I confess I have never read Hemingway....but I am eating at his old haunt The Polidor. thanks, Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Handmaid's Tale" still resonates with me after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read some of her work. She's very smart, articulate, and accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are proud of her

    ReplyDelete
  6. A retired English teacher picks writers? Shocking, I say, shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an accomplished author! And I would expect nothing less than an English teacher picking writers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!