Friday, April 15, 2016

Beautiful Quilts!


Once a year, a group of women quilters at Unity-Unitarian Church in St Paul put their handiwork on display in the community room at church.  Parishoners are invited to buy them with proceeds awarded to deserving projects or organisations. Bids close on April 24. In addition a large quilt is on display with raffle tickets selling at just $2.  I hope that one has my name on it.  I particularly like the colours and patterns in these two and would gladly take either one of them home with me.

Isn't the raffle quilt below just stunning?


12 comments:

  1. It is stunning. I like that you are in the picture too. I won a beautiful quilt at a raffle . I think I have discussed before how many many things I have won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful. I'd love to win that raffle quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful quilts, I love the colours and hope you will win one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific colours and patterns !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are beautiful. I'm always amazed at how these works of art are put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like quilts but I think I'd prefer one with more subtle colors. I couldn't sleep with all those wild reds and oranges and yellows and ... well you get the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that raffle quilt a lot! I won quilt at a raffle a long time ago and still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful artistic work. Must have taken a very LONG time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all simply gorgeous. My sister is a quilter and has made quilts for my kids and now for my granddaughter. A bit less fancy, but still well-loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you won the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is stunning. And so are you! I should continue quilting though I've never achieved anything even remotely as beautiful as these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!