Friday, April 29, 2016

Art in Bloom, 2016



Art in Bloom, an annual event at the Minneapolis Institute of Art is back in town.  The 3-day event featuring more than 150 lavish displays of fresh flowers interpreting works of art in the museum's collection started yesterday. Of the many lovely and unique displays I think this one is among my favourites: Untitled, 1929, oil on canvas by Yayol Kusama.

I have been having a difficult time lately posting and commenting.  If I can't get my mojo back soon I plan to take an hiatus.  I may have to take a leave for the summer.  Time will tell: stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. lovely interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice arty posting.
    I am of to a field trip this weekend, I hope:)
    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing your shots from this event Kate. I do understand how you feel, it isn't always easy to keep an 'almost' :) daily photo blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours to these. Sometimes a break's in order to find a bit of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My motivation to blog has also been low. With my job, I don't have time to get out and photograph like I used to. And when I come home, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer!
    I like these works of art though. Nice on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you don't feel well. I always love to read your original posts like this one. But I can imagine you sometimes need a break. Take a pause and do other things and take a time out. Blogging is no profession, you do it if you like it and no one can force you to go on.
    Love Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this particular event from last year, I think. It's most interesting and quite beautiful how they use flowers in such a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems that the artists out your way do quite literal interpretations of the artwork they are complementing.

    And I am also in a bit of a creative hole at the moment. Fortunately, I have enough recent photos that I can keep the old blog going until the muse reappears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is another fun piece to interpret.
    If you find your mojo please let me know how you did it. Mine is also missing in action.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!