Saturday, May 02, 2015

1924 Ford Touring Car's Accessories





Yesterday I showed you this 1924 Ford Model T car that Byron has owned for 50 years.  He pointed out that the Navajo Trading Post bag holds water for the radiator and that the gas tank (shown below) is located under the driver's seat, requiring a hasty retreat if involved in an accident! The tank holds 15 gallons of gas, and the car uses a gallon every ten miles. I expect that planning gas stops on any outing is pretty important!

11 comments:

  1. Oh la! Sitting atop 15gallons of gas would have been pretty nerve wracking Kate, would be a bit nervy going over bumps in the toad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! neat but not quite convenient, i suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my grandfathers had a brand-new 1926 Model T. The car house (garage) he constructed for it still stands (barely) here on my property! I looked on line and estimated he paid around $250 for it. There were several models that were a tad more expensive, but remembering my grandfather, he didn't opt for any of the fancy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that kind of mileage, one would have to plan a road trip very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A touch of reality...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to see those water bags on the front but not for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't want to take it on a cross country trip this summer. Gas and repairs. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The details on this car are well rendered. It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too remember seeing those water bags. Not hanging on cars but I think they transitioned to other utility purposes or gathered dust in garages. I guess they were a more common feature out west here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that water bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! The position of the gas tank makes driving this vehicle very scary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!