Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Meet Maid Marion


On a rainy afternoon I stepped out my front door to go marketing , walking down the street, framed nicely for a photo, I met Maid Marion. On her way to a hardware story to get the screen repaired she gracious consented to having her portrait taken.  While chatting I learned that she originally is from Evanston and Chicago, Illinois, where I once lived while sowing my wild oats, but she is now living in Minnesota. In my neighborhood! She went to Grinnell for college,  and we discovered another coincidence. While in school she knew another student whom I taught when he was in high school where I used to teach.  I love all these little human connections and surprises!

FEATURED NEWS

15 comments:

  1. how cute is she with her frame! :) nice to have so many connections with a newly-discovered neighbor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's Robin Hood when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was home, waiting for the screen to be repaired and delivered!

      Delete
  3. She has a great smile!
    Wild oats, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute photo of Marion that you took and what a perfect opportunity to get to know a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...the days of wild oats! Isn't it nice to meat friendly neighbors?
    (I'll be traveling 'til mid-June. I'll have some posts in my absence but won't be visiting other blogs. See you when I get back!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice smile. Here's more coincidences: We lived in Chicago and Glenview and I spent many hours in Evanston. I also lived in Minnesota - Wilmar, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Not St. Paul, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Sure looks the Marion kind...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small world, and a good portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You meet such nice people, they are all so happy posing for you. You have a talent to please them and have them smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice encounter with a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how she is framed! :) Sound like you've met a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you ladies may have struck up a friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is cute. I can tell that I would like her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!