Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Steeples


In previous posts, I have been photographing church steeples to try to determine which denomination might have spires that are  more ornate than other religions.  Obviously it is a theme that will probably determine very little, but it has been interesting to see the variety among the various religions.  I lost the notes on this one: it is located on Highway 110 in Mendota and is either a Baptist or Congregational church.  I am attracted to its simplicity. Go here to see an entirely different spire in an urban Twin City area.

9 comments:

  1. I think it will be interesting to see different types of steeples. This one is quite simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy this series. This one is understated but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the small, white country church or the huge Notre Dame-like Cathedral... and few in between. Figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple and clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To determine denominational status from a spire is rather like trying to determine what type of computer paper is sold at stores with Staples signs. Or something along that line. Of course, it is possible I'm not thinking too clearly. Or at all, for that matter. Keep up your spire work. It's truly inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. We have a couple of churches here that have add-on steeples. They both look like they were ordered from a catalog or something like steeples.com and then parked on a convenient place on the roof.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!