Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another Southern Belle

I met Savannah and her friend Anne, whom I featured yesterday, at Cafe Medley on a rainy morning while looking for a place to get some good coffee.  A barista at the cafe, Savannah made me a killer sandwich on sourdough bread with lox, cream cheese, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.  Savannah grew up in this area and was celebrating Fat Tuesday with Mardi Gras beads as she worked the counter. She was friendly, cordial, and patient with me as I plied her with questions. Don't you love her name?! Reminds me of Pat Conroy's novel, The Prince of Tides, although this Savannah looks decidedly happier than the one in the novel.  I have a feeling that this cute little cafe will see a lot of me.



16 comments:

  1. What a lovely honest face she has, super portrait Kate, and just the name of this cafe conjures up images of tasty treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good cafe find, Kate, as well as a nice photo of this good-natured young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a new friend...and a wonderful place to hang out! Love your people shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. personal service and a smile can go a long way. when you find it you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah is such a pleasant name. I had the good fortune of spending two months
    in Savannah, Georgia a few years back. Like your new found friends, it too was a
    Southern Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take a chance on anybody's coffee. Maybe even a sandwich, but I'm not a big breakfast guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to make friends with the local barista, Kate. Hopefully, Savannah is having fun reading your post before heading into work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is such a southern name, and I truly like that southern sounding sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are finding some very friendly people on your stay. I love the sign for this place. I love having my taste buds serenaded.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another of your wonderful portraits! It seems this cafe offers southern hospitality at its best. Your sandwich description got my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Service with a smile and she makes killer sandwiches too? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she has a great name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smashing portrait and interesting people and places you visit. (I miss sourdough bread loads.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drat! Now I'm very hungry. Wish Savannah could make a quick pass through my kitchen and whip a little something up. She looks like a nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great smile. Wine and cheese, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very nice portrait, simple, direct, open and warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!