Monday, March 07, 2011

Forbidden Fruit-An Apple-a-Day #11

Although there are many more I could show you, these will be my final postings of An-Apple-a-Day paintings by my former colleague, Joy Liberman (Check out her website). She is a talented artist who doesn't just paint apples! The name of the artist whom she has "copied" is beneath each posted photo.  I cannot fully explain why I have been so taken with the exhibition of these apple paintings...perhaps it is her creativity or her talent.  Regardless, she is aptly named...JOY is what her work represents to me!

Albert Durer

Albert Durer

Lucas Cranach

9 comments:

  1. le péché originel ;) de belles peintures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, Kate! An apple a day. I think that's what you want and need! :-)

    Thanks for your kind comment on Ocala DP! HITS was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful series. thank you for sharing so many apple inspirations with us, kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand you being drawn to these works. They really are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful apple paintings. This has been a fabulous series, Kate. One talented lady. That's the artist and you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really enjoyed the series. And I agree with you, Joy is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed this series very much. Glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative artist she is and I enjoy seeing her work through your eyes... I hope that you will from time to time show us other paintings... what a delight!

    Bises,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. This apple series has been fun. Thanks, Kate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!