Wednesday, March 02, 2011

ABC WEDNESDAY -"G"- Green and An-Apple-a-Day #8

For those of you who have been following An-Apple-A-Day series, you will recognize that these paintings are the work of the artist, Joy Liberman, who embarked on a project to paint one apple a day to represent a full calendar year.  My first post of the series appeared here with an explanation of the project, and since then I have posted many of her fine paintings. In July her goal was each day to paint something which represented a well-known artist. Two of these today are: Picasso-"Still Life With Pitcher and Apples, and O'Keeffe-"Green Apple on Black Plate.

To see more ABC WEDNESDAY photos, click here.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Quote of the Day: Interviewer: How do you know when you're finished with a painting?
                             Jackson Pollock : How do you know when you're finished making love?
________________________________________________________________________________

Don't forget to take my Quiz!







17 comments:

  1. deux belles peintures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:37 AM

    What an ambitious project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. little green apples, the song, is stuck in my head.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour dear Kate,
    It's so interesting, I need to confess that I didn't know these work of Liberman, very beautiful!
    Merci beaucoup!
    Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is beautiful and love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm ready for an apple pie about now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm. I have a sudden urge to eat an apple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these too! What can I say, I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ate two apples while watching TV ! I love appels ! Quiet unusual to see a still life of Picasso !
    Gattina
    ABC team

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative person with a great imagination - you! I love Joy's art and appreciate all that you share with us.

    Mr. Pollock is pretty funny, isn't he!

    Bises,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Georgia! My hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are pretty good, though I'm not sure I would have identified the artists if you didn't tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors, textures and subject could be Cezanne, but the composition is Picasso all the way. Actually, it's a parody of Picasso and quite witty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fragrant green apples and the painting is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You would think that I would have at least been familiar with seeing the second one, but no! Love those green apples.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't ever have thought that was a Picasso. It makes me realize how much of this works I have yet to see. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful paintings! Hadn't seen either of these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!