Sunday, October 06, 2013

Minnesota Worker #6


Whenever I return to the school where I used to teach I make it a point to see Karen, one of the staff members who make the cafeteria work well.  I am always rewarded with a hug and a happy greeting from this hard-working woman who has been serving the students, staff and faculty for the past several decades. About 12 years ago her grand-daughter was the Olympic goalie on the USA Women's Hockey team, and it was a happy time for her and her admirers.  Recently I attended an evening function, and, of course, Karen was taking care of all the folks who were there for class reunions. . . working during the day and putting in extra hours on the week-end. Proud to know this Minnesota Worker!

10 comments:

  1. Great portrait of Karen! She sounds like a dedicated worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a friendly smile....Love your worker series. Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some wonderful portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only there were more Karen's in the world Kate...and I absolutely believe in 'an apple a day' (last post)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very expressive blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like a happy person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's really got staying power! At the two high schools where I worked the one predictable thing was that there would likely be a new person heading up the cafeteria each year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if her granddaughter is the 3 time Olympian named Nathalie who graduated from Eagan High School?! A small world connection there.....
    Surprise! Sorry for the longggg break in my blog comments, dear Great Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, Leif; that is her granddaughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks like the kind of person who'd be a pleasure to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!