Wednesday, August 10, 2016

NO INTERNET: WHATEVER SHALL I DO??

WORDS WORDS WORDS


LIBRARIES: Thank goodness for this wonderful public service that allows me to use the internet until my home service is restored. Yesterday my grandson, DH, and I spent one and a half hours pulling down wisteria vines that had entwined shrubbery, trees and "unfamiliar lines" at the edge of our property, lining St. Kate's campus where the offending vines were flourishing. After hard work I went into our house to use my computer. . .nothing. Today I called our server and were told our internet went down about the same time we were clearing tropical size vines from our fence and shrubbery. Smart me, I put two and two together and am now waiting for a technician to restore service. What to do? The library, of course! Don't worry, I'll be back!!

The library below is where I used to volunteer when we wintered in Mazatlán, México. All the books are donated and are written in English with just a small collection of Spanish books.  How about that for taking care of expats and snowbirds?!


4 comments:

  1. I find it very frustrating to lose the Internet. But it does force one to look for other avenues of expression and learning. I wonder, do they still have newspapers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work from libraries or campus, as I don't have the net at home.

    Good timing though, considering the theme for the next theme day is Libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like something I would do, Kate. Hope you took some more library photos for the September 1 theme day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, no good deed goes unpunished. What a disappointing end to your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!