Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lovely to Look At...ABC WEDNESDAY "L"









Marge Lindemann from Cumberland, WI taught emotionally disturbed teen-agers for 25 years but had no time to do art. After she retired she has been making originally designed garments, scarves and wall pieces from hand painted and dyed silk for the past 9 years. I met her in an art store in Stockholm, Wi where she was demonstrating her art-in-progress on a silk scarf with an autumn leaf motif. She has outlets for her work in several Wisconsin towns, including Algoma, a Lake Michigan hamlet in Kewaunee County which happened also to be the small town where I was born. Small world! 


To see more "L's" at ABC WEDNESDAY, go here.

19 comments:

  1. beau photo reportage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her beautiful scarf feels emotionally charged to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can see, she really does beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous. I would be proud to wear her art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely lady doing lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to watch artists at work, so happy that she is now getting time to do her creative thing! Gorgeous scarf she's designing there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful. My mom would love one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and perfect portraits, Kate. Nice ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is very talented! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I am glad to see her work displayed in a gallery with an opportunity for the patrons to experience the processes of creation.

    What a role model she is!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her work is just beautiful. I love the way paint marries to the silk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely indeed, the work and worker!

    Lessons at Home is one of my entries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful. I'd buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it IS lovely!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredible, life changing gift she has given those children throughout the years. Bravo(a)! Not to mention her tremendous talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a talented person! Beautiful art and great life story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely face she has herself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watching her working must be inspirational. I wonder how many people go away and try her techniques for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!