Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Neighborhood-Restored house

If I had a before-photo this picture would have more meaning. The rundown house was sold about a year ago after the elderly resident died. It was a neighborhood eyesore with rotting wood trim, peeling paint, holes in the roof caused by squirrels who were living in the attic and dismal landscaping or lack thereof. I had thought it would be torn down because renovation would be too costly. An enterprising individual bought it, restored it inside and out, and sold it for a handsome profit. Not bad, eh?!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely sharp shot.
    I love the colour of that paint...we bought our present house with a view to restoring it...still living on a building site though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waouh....beau travail, elle est superbement bien rénové.

    waouh .... great job, it is superbly well renovated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Did they also put up new brick veneer? I would have guessed the renovator lost money. Wow. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 PM

    That is a great story. It always bothers me when lovely older homes are torn down. It looks like they did a great job. Hope the new residents appreciate the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a fine reno they did right down to the lovely earns on the front porch. They made a profit and your neighborhood kept a fine old home with some updating. Everybody won on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when my neighbors fix up their houses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you must be happy! Are your new neighbors good ones? It's so important!
    Squirrels in the attic? You'd never see such a thing in France, our squirrels are too wild!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed when people have the vision to see beyond the mess. I have a hard time with that! I am sure it was a horrible state but this is so nice now....

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, always happy when an old beauty gets some tlc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!