Saturday, September 29, 2007

Per Petterson


The Friends of the Minneapolis Library has a series of free lectures at the Central downtown library, given by contemporary writers. On Thursday, September 27 I listened to Norweigan novelist, Per Petterson, whose book_out stealing horses_ I had just finished reading. Petterson is a quiet man who held the attention of the large crowd that was gathered in the Pohlad Auditorium...a bit less rolicking than the performance I watched the night before though! (See my September 27th post) Petterson's book is an interesting read, one that I recommend.

7 comments:

  1. He looks like a quiet man. I like the one of his scratching his brow, too bad it wasn't a little clearer. That podium is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    I like the photo yesterday and today. Over the years I have learned that a lot of good writers are poor public speakers and lots of them are invited to speak and some don't do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice shots - good job with the indoor lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read his book but I like lecture series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had more of that at our local library - it seems to be catering to kids only!
    Did you know he would be speaking there when you read his book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about going to author readings and/or talks. It's fascinating. Best of all, these photos mean you are feeling much better. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recommendation for a good read. I will look this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!