Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Alexander Ramsey Historical House

The Minnesota Hitorical Society descibes the house this way: "Make a call on Anna Ramsey, wife of the first territorial governor, at St. Paul's Ramsey House. Guides dressed as her servants may even surprise you with a tour of the Victorian home and some fresh cookies. Enjoy a glimpse into family and servant life in the 1870s. One of the nation's best preserved Victorian-era homes, the Ramsey House features carved walnut woodwork, marble fireplaces, crystal chandeliers and many original furnishings. Pick up Victorian-era souvenirs in the Carriage House gift shop."

7 comments:

  1. elle est belle cette maison, à l'ombre, tranquille. J'aime bien ces maisons, quand tu fais une grande ballade sous le soleil, tu t'assois à côté de la maison, et cela te repose.
    On dirait une maison de campagne


    it is beautiful this house, in the shade, quiet. I like these houses, when you make a great ballade under the sun, you assois beside the house, and that puts back you.
    One would say a country house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a 3 story house? A beautiful old place. Imagine all the history that took place in that house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice! So did you get some coockies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free cookie? I'd be all over that if I didn't live 2000 miles away.

    I love how Victorian homes look. They'd kinda look weird in Florida, but I've always loved that style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ornate detail on Victorians, like the top story - it looks like a slate roof?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always dreamed of restoring a Victorian...Maybe in my next life ;-)

    Obviously, this one does not need any work...and I love all the shady trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these beautiful old houses. They have so much history.

    I wonder if the cookies are any good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!