Sunday, May 08, 2016

Saluting Women #8-Kate DiCamillo



I am continuing my Sunday "Saluting Women" series with another writer, but not just any writer of childen's fiction!  Author Kate DiCamillo  lives in Minneapolis, and is one of only six writers to twice win the Newbery Medal, which has been children’s literature’s highest honor for more than 90 years. Go here to learn more about Kate, an April 4, 2016 article written by another outstanding Twin Cities writer,  Laurie Hertzel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.






DO NOT FORGET MOTHER'S DAY

8 comments:

  1. She looks like a nice person and is obviously very accomplished and successful. Happy Mother's Day to you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great tribute to another great woman. I enjoy seeing this series of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful portrait shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post about an interesting woman. I like this series too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to her. I am no longer current about writers of children's books, but I will start studying the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading her books as a middle school teacher and my students loved reading/listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my fantasy...to be able to write, although number one is to be able to sing. Still searching for my gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice portraits! She has a great smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!