Thursday, September 05, 2013

Senior Happiness!


As an alum, I have library borrowing privileges at St. Thomas University, for which I am very grateful because many times they have books that I cannot find in our local libraries. I was on a mission to find some poetry books of Leanne O'Sullivan, a wee Irish lass. As I was entering Frey Library at St. Thomas on Summit Avenue yesterday on a bright summer day, I noticed this lovely young student propped up against the wall, deep into her books. Betsy who is from Forest Lake, a short distance from campus, readily agreed for me to take her photo. Smiling she indicated that her major is marketing and she is now a senior. Perhaps that explains her happiness!! My happiness was walking away with the two O'Sullivan books I found in the stacks.

15 comments:

  1. What a great portrait you made, she looks so happy to be photographed, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The energetic beauty of youth! Love those 'smiling eyes!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! Beautiful gal! And I need to check out the poet you mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is a fresh-faced beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she has a bright future in marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy all around! Another nice portrait. She's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful snap Kate. Glad you found your books too :D

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty....sounds like you had a nice day...Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty girl with lovely smile - I bet she'll do well in marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty smile! Great portrait, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet expression. I hope she has a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is lovely! I hope you can share this image with her in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i already emailed Betsy the pictures I took of her. I try to do that whenever the photos turn out okay.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!