Thursday, July 28, 2016

TPAC



The Trueblood Performing Arts Center is a beautiful and functional building. For a town the size of   Washington Island,  Door County, Wisconsisn it is both an unexpected and pleasant surprise.  Affectionately known as PTAC by the residents, the building is put to good use by offering performances of all kinds.  We spent an entertaining evening there recently listening to frequent visitor Michael Perry, a northern Wisconsin musician, humorist, and published writer.  We will miss the Island's annual two-week musical festival in August but plan to be there next year during that time.




9 comments:

  1. That must be a treasure to have in such a small community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the idea that you are having a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an attractive facility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great asset to your "summer" town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying your posts from Washington Island. You have been putting your camera to good use.
    To answer your questions, my "Candidate" post is of Mary Perpich, no relation to Rudy Perpich of Minnesota that I know of. She is a candidate for our State Senate from District 7 (Brookings County, SD). For years she has worked tirelessly for other candidates, so it is time for her to run for herself. I try to avoid politics on my blog, but that's hard to do in an election year. I liked the flag, bunting, and Mary's smile in the picture, so I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the architectural style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice that there are so many things to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool looking venue! Of course you must return for the August festival next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the style of the building, and I like all interesting "plants" outside.
    HappY weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!