Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My personal heaven


Here's where DH, WW, and I  will be hanging out for the next week or so-- our favorite spot on Washington Island, Door County, Wisconsin. We will be on the west, sunset-side along Green Bay waters rather than the east, sunrise-side on Lake Michigan. Our cottage has a clear view of the water at the edge of the green lawn with a small sandy area and boat launch.  The Island is about 6 miles long and 5 miles across with approximately 660 year-round residents, but lots more in the summer. Many, but not all, of the permanent residents are Icelandic and Scandinavian descendants. The peninsula has become so popular that we prefer the Island.  Although there are lots of tourists there, too, during the summer months, it resembles what the Peninsula used to be like when I was a kid. Anywhere on Door County, fondly known as the "Cape Cod of the Midwest," is a wonderful place to vacation.  I'll add more photos as soon as I can establish an internet connection.  











Linking to Our World Tuesday


11 comments:

  1. You certainly know how to hit my nostalgia button. Although I've never been to that part of Wisconsin, it looks familiar - similar to scenes one would find in Minnesota in the summer. Wishing you a great week and looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That looks like a wonderful spot for a break Kate.. if I were you I'd switch off (or not take) any kind of technical 'stuff' :) and just lay back and enjoy the sun and a few good books.. I'm a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun riding the Washington Island ferry boat across "Death's Door". Hope it is a calm day for your crossing. Beautiful photos. Have fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Kate! Have a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That look a wonderful nice plac for a vacation Kate. Have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time! I used to love Door County, but I imagine most of it is really overrun with visitors these days. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, how wonderful! We always spent two or three weeks in Door Co. and Washington Island when I was growing up in Wisconsin and it was heaven on earth. Is it cherry time? The Writer and I were just reminiscing about summers there the other night. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely place to spend some time. Enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a son in law from Milwaukee, but I have never been to Door County. I do hear it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it looks like a tough job but somebody's got to do it. What a perfect place to land!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!