Monday, July 25, 2016

Man's Best Friend


This mural is located on the side of the building of Red Cup cafe.  I consider myself a visitor rather than a tourist because of my long history with Washington Island as a favourite summer vacation spot. Despite this, I never really got to know the owner very well, someone who seemed to me to be somewhat remote and perhaps a bit unfriendly,  even though the regulars assured me that he is a soft-hearted, great guy. I never got to chat with him to ask about the mural.  Obviously his dog is helping him paint his building, but I cannot figure out what he is doing with his right hand.  Guess we'll have to go back to see the fall colours or wait 'til next summer to solve the mystery.
Linking to Monday Murals.

13 comments:

  1. It is a very pretty mural, so nice with the dog as part of it and helping to hold the paintbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man's best is there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong when your helper is a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great little helper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that mural. The dog is a cute addition and they do make good helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful mural you have found here. The painter and his dog is a perfect image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a cute mural!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, I never noticed the missing arm, until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice find.
    Cute dog helping out.
    (Stavanger Daily Photo also have a mural today.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waht a marvelous mural, Kate !
    I like it, even it is not finished yet, they two are still painting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice mural. I wonder if the right-handed move is just dabbing for drips. I love the dog and paintbrush.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!