Thursday, July 21, 2016

Schoolhouse Beach

Schoolhouse Beach is on a cove that is a sheltered harbor with a smooth stone beach. Instead of sand, millions of smooth white stones are created by its unique position with waves constantly washing over them. This beach is very difficult to walk on if you don't have some type of foot covering. In the past locals would bring home stones from the beach by truckloads for landscaping their property so now there is a fine for anyone removing stones from the beach Amazing how many of those beautiful smooth stones found their way in my pockets, residing beautifully on my kitchen window sills.

9 comments:

  1. Give it another thousand years and the water will turn the stones into sand. ヘ(。□°)ヘ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not walk barefoot! I think it hurts. Very beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoes are definitely required for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of those stones would feel nice in one's pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo of the stones. I think it would feel nice in ones pocket too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never liked stone beaches, so difficult to walk on with bare feet and to strech out on a towel. I prefer the sands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the photo of the stones !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stone beaches are unique and we have lots of them. Like you, quite a few made it home with us along with some sea shells and weathered coloured glass. I like the look of the rocks you photographed. Don't get caught :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't familiar with stone beaches until I visited the French Riviera. They would be nice trimming a garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!