Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Burbot, a Native Great Lakes Fish


When I first saw this sign many years ago on Washington Island, Wi, I laughed out loud.  Since then I have learned that lawyers are fish, but I still find it funny and am happy to point it out to my lawyer husband who has never been as amused as I. DH does not particularly like this descriptionBurbot, a native Great Lakes fish species, are slimy, big-mouthed bottom feeders.
“That’s why they call them lawyers,” said Martin Stapanian, a research ecologist for the U.S. Geological Survey’s Lake Erie Biological Station.
Incidentally, we have never eaten there.

Linking to Signs, signs

20 comments:

  1. Tell your husband I am your side Kate. I think it funny too. _へ__(‾◡◝ )>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's really funny. It took some translation-work to understand the word-joke. It's fun! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is hilarious...i didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh. That description of the fish does not make me want to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet your husband has heard too many lawyer jokes. This is a wonderful sign, and a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fabulous! I've never heard of that fish though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must consider such advertisement in our law office😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put me on your side too, it's good old fashion humor. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea! That is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I would have laughed, too. I wasn't aware that there is a fish called Lawyer. And then there's the description of that fish...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is funny. But, in deference to your lawyer husband, I don't think you should eat these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In deference to your DH I will stifle my sniggle. (But I'd sure be out there photographing that sign, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny! Guess this makes people look twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is really funny! A great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. After reading the description of the fish...I can see why he is not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A unique find:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally understand why DH is not happy Late, but it is funny though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!