Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Another Glass Blower


Meet Nate Lynn, a Twin Cities glass blower who is portrait #55 on my Flickr 100 Strangers Project. I met Nate at a juried holiday craft fair last Saturday.  After taking a class in college to fulfill a graduation requirement, he got interested in this art and has now been doing it for about 4 years.  I think all artists must know one another in this city since he is also friends with Peter Zelle, one of my former eighth grade students (many years ago!) who is also a well-known glass blower in the Twin Cities.  Small world...and getting smaller. You met Peter here last year when he was doing a holiday glass blowing display.

To learn more about the 100 Strangers project, click here: www.100strangers.com/

9 comments:

  1. he is a good artist. I like use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Nate does some beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like he does fine work. Love that green number there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glass artists are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking young man and he does lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He does nice work and this is a nice portrait! I'd have no problem putting his pieces around our home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fine portrait, Kate. If I were an artist, glass would be my medium. I love what can be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching a glassblower at work. The process is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The craft world is a very small place! Very few degrees of separation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!