Friday, April 15, 2011

St Paul's Finest!


The St. Paul Mounted Police when seen on the streets are a big draw.  The accommodating officers stopped and posed when they saw me with my camera. I'm providing a link that gives information on how the horses are selected and trained, the officers training program, how and why the horses are used...with accompanying photos.  Click here for all that information and more!

"When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes.  ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

10 comments:

  1. sympas ces policiers a cheval

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire cities with mounted police. It makes police seem so much more approachable, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine doing that work AND getting paid for it.
    Shakespeare was so right.
    Thanks for the link. I read it all with much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's interesting how the two policemen in front are looking at the camera and in back the horse is looking at the camera and not the policeman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eyeing up those guys again, I see......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! Love the picture, love the poem! Thank you so much for showing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something nice about mounted police. Gives them more authority. And who doesn't love a horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, we had horses here too, but budget cut took 'em away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ocala used mounted police in the downtown area for awhile but they disappeared. Probably too costly like Birdman says. I thought they were a good idea.

    Very nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is making fun of me as I type this because I was looking at this picture when he came in and I said "look at this, they have horses on cops" instead of cops on horses lol.
    But that is really cool, not something I've seen around here for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!