Monday, April 04, 2011

Loyal customers of Porky's

Karen and Tim drove into St. Paul last Saturday from suburban Apple Valley to taste their last meal of burgers, fries, onion rings, and coke from Porky's (see yesterday's post).  Karen grew up in St. Paul and went to Johnson High School.  Her father would load up the family car with the six kids to enjoy Porky's drive-in. Obviously Karen has some fond memories of the restaurant.  Sitting in a small park behind the restaurant, they enjoyed the sunshiny weather that was melting all the snow (Hoorah) and the hub-bub of the crowds around Porky's. Read here about the efforts to save Porky's from demolition.
***********************************************************************************


APRIL IS POETRY MONTH: POEM #4


American Haiku Collection...


In this strange garden
   the same notes, the same calls--
      birds of my childhood.

10 comments:

  1. bon appetit ;) au frais sur ce banc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to keep them company with the food and the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they will cherish this memory of Porky's. The food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh....the memories! One last bite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my kind of food, but I love the sign! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all about preserving the past and the culture of a place... love this post!

    Bises,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't remember the last time I had an onion ring. It looks so good even this early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look happy to be able to enjoy one last time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice portrait of what appears to be a very nice couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such appropriate mourning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!