Saturday, April 28, 2007

Jazz Fest


Tonight DH (Dear Husband) and I went to the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra and listened to pieces by the composers Wagner and Copland. During the intermission the audience had a choice to return to continue to enjoy the classical program or remain in the foyer to listen to jazz musicians. Jaime went back to hear Bach, but I stayed to listen to a trio consisting of a South African percussionist/drummer, a Cuban pianist, and an American saxophonist. When the regular program ended a few patrons remained to join us to continue listening to very smooth jazz. I like this kind of innovation, especially if it includes jazz music.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 AM

    I would not have known what to listen to. Times like that I wish I could be in 2 places at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Wow. A nice photograph. I like it a lot.

    I posted information about codes that might interest you.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha DH, funny way to call your hubby!
    Kate, I visited La Havanna last year with some friends, and I attended to a live Jazz bar... it was sooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wagner! Hey! We had a touch of the Nibelungen last night....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be a tough decision; too much choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latin jazz? It's one of my favourite rhytms of the music.

    Gracias por la foto querida Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. And did you dance, Kate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely shot - I like the sound of drums alot - it sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you Kate - smooth jazz is perfect for the week-end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!