Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Art in Bloom Whimsy


The three day "Art in Bloom" at the Minneapolis Institute of Art is over.  For many years I have visited this exhibition, taken photos and posted them on my blog.  Go here to see a 2011 example. This year I got to the museum on the last day when the flowers were beginning to look a little tired,  yet despite this and the large crowd, I still managed to photograph a few bouquets that creatively interpreted a piece of artwork.  This particular duo made me laugh.  I need a little humor in my life right now and hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Artwork: "Your Dog," Yoshitomo Nara; Floral Arrangement: Wendy Lutter & Stepanie Ross

11 comments:

  1. It is most enjoyable! Hope you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice exhibit I think, hope you will feel better soon. This is not what you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me chuckle. Phoenix Art Museum has a similar annual exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely made me chuckle - hope that all becomes well in your life, and very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hydrant! Now, that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it :) I really hope you start feeling better soon Kate, there's nothing worse than feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun!
    (I too am hoping you're doing better. You're sounding a little perkier.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUN ART!
    I like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!