Friday, May 29, 2015

Homeless?


Arriving early for a performance of the St Paul Chamber Orchestra, we often sit in Rice Park, located across the street from the Ordway Performance Center.  Watching the people who visit this tiny square oasis is always interesting.  I noticed this sleeping man who seemed more well-dressed than most homeless people I have observed downtown. Minutes after I had discretely photographed him, a cyclist approached with a small paper bag, awakened the man, and gave the bag to him. The man on the bike sped off much too fast for a photo--he did not look like a messenger or delivery person and no cash was exchanged.  The man removed a rather tired looking sandwich from the bag, ate it and then reclined and went back to sleep, making me wonder:  was this a scene between a Good Samaritan and a homeless person, between friends or what??

FEATURED NEWS

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good Samaritan act to me, thank heavens for these acts of kindness hey Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps he is homeless, but hasn't yet given up? If so, I hope he finds his way off the streets soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my. bless the cyclist for his kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to ponder. I'm hoping he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fascinating picture and story. Well, there is a story here, but what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good Samaritan act, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A small moment in life witnessed by you. What I wonder is where the homeless stay in the harsh winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be wondering, too, Kate. Thanks for your thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great question, Kate. We can't know for sure based only on what you saw, but we do know there are other homeless people all around. Dorothy Day Center, two blocks from the park, is expanding to serve more of them in more meaningful ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a moving photo and story you watched there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!