Monday, May 04, 2015

Breakfast at the Market


My breakfast at the market last Saturday: Lightly toasted sesame bagel, lox, cream cheese, onions, tomatoes, ripe olives, and jalapenos and a cold can of hard-core coke. Whether or not I need anything to buy, I drive downtown almost every Saturday or Sunday during the season, just to savor the colors and watch the many vendors and the customers. Early in the season, there are an abundance of flowers.  I bought two large pink geranium plants to hang on my front porch.  Next week I'll load up with herbs and more hanging plants for the backyard patio. After that my version of gardening is finished so I can spend the rest of the summer reading in the sun!! (I am not meant to live in a cold climate. . . my mother warned me!!)

15 comments:

  1. can you believe i've never had lox before?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Coke for breakfast? Oh, Kate. I knew we must be sisters. That's exactly what I have every morning too! When I lived in Phoenix I went to the farmers market every Saturday also. I can't wait to get back there. But first I have to wait for all the farmers here in East Texas to start harvesting their tomatoes and peas and squash and beans in another few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's worth visiting the market each week even if it's just to have breakfast Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wouldn't be my breakfast, have to have a tea first thing in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I see you 'sin' with Coke. hahaha Gardening, For me is a May-September proposition. No getting around it. I smile. I curse... my days in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. laughing at your last comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bagel looks oh so good this morning. And, all I have is a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun. And the bagel looks good. I would need a cup of coffee with it though. I gave up coke a couple years ago. It wasn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm...delicious breakfast! The farmers market is such a fun gathering place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe I've never had bagels before?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious. I would need coffee. no more sodas for me....just good old water until 5pm...Then you guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me until you got to the Coke. I"ll pass on the sugar and carbonation.
    I bought most of my garden starts today: leeks, lettuce, kale, and delicata (winter) squash. I'll get the seeds (sugar snap peas and beets) going soon. Spring...even though it doesn't feel much like it today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like a good bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Coke for breakfast? This breakfast is quite different from mine. Banana, tangerine, piece of toast, coffee. More coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bagel looks good but I'd be drinking coffee with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!