Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Source


I have always loved this statue, The Source, and have posted it before, but the previous photos were always a front or side view.  I also like to take photos of people from the back view so I tried it with this statue and like it.


Artist Name:
 Alonzo Hauser

Media:
 Bronze, opaque black over blue patina.

Date Created:
 6/14/1965

Location:
 Rice Park

History:
 Hauser created this statue, donated by the Women’s Institute of Saint Paul, to combine the city's historical past with the contemporary spirit of the day.  
Born in Wisconsin in 1909, Hauser established the art department at Macalester College, where he taught until 1949.  He died in 1969.

(Credit: www.stpaul.gov)


FEATURED NEWS





17 comments:

  1. The statue is beautiful enough to match it's setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn around, girl! :) It's lovely. Looks like a homeless man may be sitting on the bench in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful. Especially the location.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Your last two photos both sort of statues... both commentaries on life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like it, too.

    (i hope all will be well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great refreshing photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like she's splashing through the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it... a statue with personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, it is a lovely sculpture and I like the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lighthearted and pretty and I love how the water splashes!
    Yes, thanks for the link to the article. I guess it's true, I saw today's queue to enter the palace while on my way to lunch, it was HORRENDOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a beautiful statue and fountain! Great shot. Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely sense of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You captured the splashing water very well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to take photos from behind as well. Especially people holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has a carefree feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fantastic fountain. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!