Sunday, November 12, 2017

Memorial Bench


During the winter months I often go to the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory in Como Park to feed my soul by viewing the  plants and flowers. A favourite spot is The Sunken Garden which has floral displays that are changed seasonally.  Scattered throughout the conservatory are memorial benches. I was particularly interested in this one because of my familiarity with the person honoured. (To see photos of the beautiful sunken garden, click on the link above)

8 comments:

  1. I always have liked the idea of a memory bench. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice memorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few of these memorial benches on the shore walk. When I walk, I always stop at the last bench and have some water and rest for a few moments before I head back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these memorial benches. I see them in so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful idea. We have them here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if we'd have as many benches if they weren't given as memorials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these benches, too. We have a number of them on some golf courses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!