Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another Rice Park Statue

As noted in last Wednesday's post, there are several large holiday statues in Rice Park, which is a small downtown square, surrounded on four sides by the Ordway Performing Arts Center, The Central Library, the St. Paul Hotel, and Landmark Center (a former courthouse). I do believe that this will be my final holiday photo! Onward!

Today in Minnesota History: 1948- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra conductor Dimitri Mitropoulous announces that he has taken a position with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Antal Dorati is hired to replace him. (Referenced: MNHS:ORG)

8 comments:

  1. I'm getting a stiff neck just looking at that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onwards it is! Erm, Nutcracker Suite showing in St.Paul?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the oversized figures and their bright colors. I bet the kids love being able to be so close to them.
    Kate, I want to thank you for your warm remarks on my blog. You brought tears to my eyes. I was so touched. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo - and a great site. I have been spending time reading through your posts.

    Just lovely - and yes - I have already been looking at some of those other links - not all 130+ of them yet!

    Wishing you a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a nutcracker! Thanks for all the holiday posts. They have added to the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love to see nutcrackers, in the plaza and in the malls and on my mantle, too. It's a great holiday photo, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice as a last holiday photo. Me too. I liked the photo from Mazatlan. Since there is no Mazatlan daily photo, why not? I'd enjoy seeing your photos from Mexico. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are evergreen and ever so adorable! kids there must love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!