Our favorite one-day road trip runs along the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side. Stockholm is a small village (year-round population is 66) with a big history. The Village Hall is Stockholm's first concrete building that was erected in 1912 as Martin Larson's grain and livestock brokerage office. Far and away the wealthiest man in town, Larson also owned Stockholm's first automobile and sold Reos and Fords. On his death in 1917, the village purchased the office building for its public meetings. The facade is a startling bright lemon yellow with bright blue trim. . . quite a sigh but quite Swedish!
1906:REO-(Credit for image: http://jliptrap.us/Reo.htm)