Sunday, October 29, 2006

Grand 7

Another Triangle (Flatiron) building on a busy street. Since so many of them are built of brick, I wonder if they were constructed in the same era? I could buy a Minnesota Historical Society book on architecture for $25.00 to find out since I could not find any information on the internet, but I think I'll pass on that purchase. I'll keep looking for more information because I continue to be fascinated by them, especially since I found that cities throughout the USA are blessed with buildings constructed on wedges of land. And, I recall from travelling that other countries, too, have the same kind of architecture . World bloggers: is your city graced with a Triangle building?

8 comments:

  1. I can think of one triangle building in Little Rock, though there may be others that I don't yet know. Seeing these buildings through your eyes encourages me to look for more around my town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three in a row. I'm impressed ... Note that often buildings will have a date built on a plaque or carved into the stone ... Maybe your research will make your blog the definitive Internet source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kate!
    Really interesting your trianlge buildings.In Greece we don't have this kind of architecture.
    I first show this buildings in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None in Alexandria (sob). There's only one intersection in town that would even support such a construction. The city is pretty much designed on a simple, straight grid pattern. Really like this building. Denton, as usual, had a good idea about looking for the construction date on the building itself. Maybe the historical society has email and you could inquire that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:22 AM

    wow, another one, i know we have one and maybe will post it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tres belle collection de flatiron. ils sont tres beaux.

    Very beautiful collection of flatiron. they are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what I call mini Flat Iron buildings! My favourite art gallery in Nelson is housed in one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is one in downtown San Francisco, Kate, but none in our small town of Pacifica. This has been a fun series to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!