Thursday, November 08, 2007

Old-fashioned Sunday #2


"Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling." Walt Whitman

I am adding a photo today of another mural from the same building as the one I posted yesterday. As you can see, the mural tried to camouflage an architectural defect in the wall. I'm assuming that it might have been a huge door or window at one time. I imagine that I'll have to return to try to figure it out to satisfy the curiosity of the bloggers who visit!

10 comments:

  1. Kate, thanks for your encouraging words and for lighting the candles :)

    I never see a wall mural without thinking of you. This one is nice. A great way to cover up a flawed wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great! too bad there aren't more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. encore une superbe peinture murale, accompagné par le grand Walt Whitman (j'adore ce poete)


    Yet a wonderful mural, accompanied by the great Walt Whitman (I love this poet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camouflage worked since I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. Beautiful colors and the big bicycle is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, snap! I chose a Walk Whitman quote today too! Great minds and all that jazz.

    I love today's - actually more than yesterday's now I see them together. And thanks for your answers on yesterday's post, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Les murs font de superbes supports pour ces tableaux.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty murals, wonderul artists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that interesting, how it does indeed camoflage that feature quite nicely, If one notices it at all, one might think it is a hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice, again, Kate, in photo and word. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!