Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Window Display


I have been going to Cossetta's quite a bit lately and have posted photos of the food and wonderful gelato that I have been consuming while there. In a window that faces the inside of the restaurant sits this model of a church that I assume was originally a part of the Italian community.  Behind the model and the plate glass window you can see an apartment complex across the street. The young student employees were not able to give me any answers about the significance of the church so I'll just have to go back to research (and eat more chocolate gelato!). 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I imagine it's food as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That model is very well done. Do you know of what it's made? It's wonderful that you have a reasonable reason to go back and get the answers you seek while consuming some of the goodies offered by Cossetta's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting window display, Kate. I will check your blog to see what it means. Is gelato Italian for ice-cream? My mounth is watering now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting window display, Kate. I will check your blog to see what it means. Is gelato Italian for ice-cream? My mounth is watering now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. More research? Right, what ever excuse you need to go back there to sample their gelato, and perhaps one of their main dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful model of the church. Some one there will be able to tell you its history after a few more visits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure there is a story. You are persistent. We should get the explanation before long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it seems that you must return frequently to pursue your research. The church, all gelato flavors, seasonal pastries. Then you must sample offerings for other meals. This could become a perfect retirement preoccupation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!