Monday, July 28, 2014

Summertime!


Summertime, and the livin' is easy!!

Hush!  Listen carefully, and you can hear Ella Fitzgerald singing .  .  .
To see and hear a video of Sachmo and Ella go here!


"Summertime"
Summertime, and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush little baby, Don't you cry

One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
But 'til that morning, there ain't nothin' can harm you
With Daddy and Mammy standin' by

Summertime, and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush little baby, Don't you cry

One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
But 'til that morning, there ain't nothin can harm you
With Daddy and Mammy standin' by

21 comments:

  1. a beatiful shot, really showing a summer atmosphere! I would like to sit there and read a book:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to sit in that chair in the fresh air and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so green. A nice spot for a siesta, I mean to read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather must have gotten a lot better up thar in Minnesota! Looks nice and that's one of my favorite songs. I like your new profile pic, too. Haven't changed hardly at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to hear different versions of that one about 10 times a summer. I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but Ella is certainly the BEST. She was a consummate artist!!

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, a beautiful summer scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am singing right along. pretty picture.

    On another subject. Cabin no longer for rent. go to Lakecity.com Places to stay. Everything from motels with kitchenettes to cabins. I highly recommend the one on the Lake. happy to answer questions. Janey

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite songs! This picture really illustrates summertime as we know it. But that chair looks really low to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be sitting there, sipping on something and listening to that beautiful song...Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shot, and such a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice poem and a pretty place to seat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, still summertime here too, with a heavy shower so now and than...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely little corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so good I'm looking forward to summer again Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh. Beautiful! I just got back from a "perfect campsite" version of this scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!