Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Day, 2012



Everyone seemed to get into the act on St. Paddy's Day yesterday.  Since Saint Paul goes a bit crazy on this day every year, I had intended to go downtown to watch the annual parade.  Realizing that revelers would  be out in full-force on a 70 degree  March day, I decided that discretion would be the better part of valor.  I felt certain  that not only would the temperature break records, but the consumption of alcohol would be at an all-time high for this particular St. Patrick's Day in Minnnesota. Watching the parade on local television at home didn't yield any award-breaking photos, but it was a lot more comfort!able.  Ah, but the memories of years' past...  marching with my children behind the Kilbane and Keenan banners was always lots of fun, especially when we got on television!

12 comments:

  1. Today everyone is Irish! Some year I want to go to Chicago to see the green river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, the river is not a pretty sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking and running, lucky she was not pulled over. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like St. Paul had a beautiful day for a parade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather has been beautiful and warm but I think you were wise to stay home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya! gettin the green on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's funny to see someone jogging with a phone. How can you keep up a conversation? I think you were right to stay home. You probably saw more of the parade on TV than you would have live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would probably have done the same Kate, I went out today in 35C to get some shots for tomorrow's post..I didn't stay out too long that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A happy St. Pat's to you, dear Kate! The runner with the phone is certainly more coordinated than I am, and in runner's shape too!

    Glad that you did not return to St Paul to face snow, but 70 in March is a bit warm for your city!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably a wise move on your part. Such a warm March day would surly bring out the crowds and the cool drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't have a parade here. But the woman I saw with a green fright wig at a restaurant last night made up for the absence of organized entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like a run on St Patricks day...or any day. We did the run and left before the parade started, but I think the drinking started during the run.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!