Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Photography Field Trip


I am in Door County attending a photography class at The Clearing, an outstanding Folk School that has been in existence for many years, patterned initially after a 20th Century educational concept that was popular in Denmark. The Wisconsin school was established by talented visionary Jens Jensen from Denmark who had immigrated to the United States, living in Florida, Iowa and finally in Chicago. In 1935 Jensen donated the land, an outstanding piece of property in Ellison Bay, The property is secluded and beautiful and the retreat atmosphere is conducive to relaxation and education.  In terms of both understanding the technical and compositional aspects of photography, I am way out of my league yet I am learning a little bit about the basics.  I'm also learning a little humility during the very gentle daily critique sessions. No more "Granny Automatic" photos for me. Despite the occasional showers we are taking field trips in the rain. in addition to class time. With only a week in the workshop, we have no time to waste. I decided that I am going to become the Grandma Moses of photography!




5 comments:

  1. Looks good to have that workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! That sounds like a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to have such a photographic adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!