Friday, September 28, 2018

Lakewood Cemetery Memorial Chapel



Lakewood Cemetery is a large private, non-sectarian cemetery located in MinneapolisMinnesota, United States. It is located at 3600 Hennepin Avenue at the southern end of the Uptown area. It is noted for its chapel which is on the National Register of Historic Places and was modeled after the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey.


I enrolled in two OLLI courses during this session: Landscape photography and Lakewood Cemetery.
I LOVE both of them. If I learn some technical aspects of photograph, I hope that my photography will improve. Today I went to the first session of Lakewood Cemetery, the premier location for one's last resting place. It has a fascinating history and it is landscaped beautifully.  The chapel is filled with mosaic art on the dome and throughout the interior.

3 comments:

  1. Quite a beautiful structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will pass along what you learn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chapel looks middle eastern to me but it perhaps a mix of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!