Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A happy gardener!


Teresa is a happy gardener at Longfellow Garden where I have been spending a lot of time lately since I am totally charmed by the plants, flowers, butterflies and hummingbirds that are lovingly nurtured by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation staff. Teresa grew up in St. Paul but moved across the Mississippi to that "other city" and has been employed by the park service for twenty years. She has tended the Garden for 11 years as one of her responsibilities and is responsive to visitor's questions.  Teresa showed me many of the Garden's charms, including the locations of fennel, black pearls, larvae, and the hummingbirds' hangouts,




7 comments:

  1. Teresa looks like she loves her job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Teresa's transportation Kate 😀 Working as a gardener must give so much job satisfaction, I get so much just from mine I can just imagine it on a much larger scale ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Kubota carts are very handy for someone in her line of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a year-round job?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about gardens, maybe not so much gardening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A guide can make all of the difference. I know from my own gardens that surprises keep turning up to delight me even when I am supposed to be the gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than a gardener willing to answer questions! ...And, especially, help find hummingbirds! Happy (slightly belated) birthday, Kate! Hope it's been a great one. (Did you get an espresso machine??)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!