Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Peaceful Scene


It has been raining for two days now, the temperature has dipped, and it seems that summer is definitely winding down. This peaceful scene is in Mattock's Park, a small but lovely place close to my home.  I discovered today that this is the park where Charles Schultz used to play as a child. Funny that there aren't any Schultz characters here as there are in other parts of the city.  I'll have to call the Park and Recreation Department to suggest that they remedy that fact at this location.

8 comments:

  1. I am sure the Schultz characters would liven the park up. Good luck with the parks department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that swing, Kate! I don't think I've seen one like that before in a park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look very peaceful. We had rain all day yesterday and the temperature dropped but sadly, it's supposed to be back up to 100 today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks like a pretty spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty spot for a couple of cool characters. Snoopy and Woodstock would be right at home here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea Kate. It's raining here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa Rosa, CA, where Charles Schultz lived as an adult, has reminders of his characters all around. He was much lived there.
    We're having rain here, too. My tomato plant is covered with green fruit and I fear it may never ripen on the plant. Autumn seems to be here now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The change of seasons is fun I think. I love the low light in Autumn so when the rain clears you should get plenty of lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!