Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sassy Sadi


Without my knowledge or consent, 31 years ago Sadi entered our home with my DH's grand gesture as a birthday gift to our son, Karl.  Sadi and I actually became quite good friends, and I fed her daily,  took her to have her bill shaped (not sharpened!) and wings clipped and took care of her when she got and survived lead poisoning from old wicker furniture. About 2 years ago I had had enough of her care and persuaded my son that since she is indeed his bird, Sadi needs to live with him.  Deed done.  Sadi occasionally visits but is just as content in her new digs with her rightful owner.

Linking to Camera Critters and Saturday's Critters

11 comments:

  1. Well it looks as though your son is caring for her quite well. She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy Sadi is a sweetie Kate, but I take your point, pets need lots of attention, visiting is a lot easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has two homes she can feel comfortable in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish all pets lived that long and that well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a bird with a history! I'm glad she continues to thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Sadi is a beautiful bird. I am glad she is living a long happy life. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Easter, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think birds should live with other people, not with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!