Friday, March 04, 2016

Exploring Art-Friday Field Trip #2



Last Friday DH and I took our Friday Field trip to explore art at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Two pieces of art that appeal to me in the current exhibit, "State of the Art" featuring art of American artists, were made by Gina Phillips, New Orleans Studio. Both figures are large life-size cut-outs that are made of fabric, thread, ink, and paint, and the jackets on both women shimmer and shine. The artist titled the woman in yellow, "Golda Greer"and the other one, "Mabel on Her Way to Mass."


Today we are taking the relatively new light rail, green line,  from St. Paul to see and use the outstanding downtown Minneapolis library.  That library has been remodeled and is a piece of art itself.

9 comments:

  1. I love these pieces. Have fun at the library. I used to take the light rail from the airport to downtown Minneapolis when I was to visit the city for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual but eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like them both. Neat idea your Friday Field Trip. May steal your idea. it is alway good to get out of one's pigtrail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very talented woman. Nice pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like mixed media like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these paintings, very nice done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent choices Kate, I like them both very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!