Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Field Trip #5


Last week we took our Friday Field Trip to the iMax Theatre at the Science Museum in downtown Saint Paul to see the film on our national parks.  The scenery was spectacular with fabulous background music.  Narrated by Robert Redford it was a most enjoyable film although disappointingly short at just 45 minutes. It was fun to see some of the parks we have visited over the years, and, oh, how I would love to see more!  Our park system is possible because of visionaries like John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt.  I love living in a country that offers such beauties to enjoy as our National Parks!

12 comments:

  1. I had some nice experiences of camping in a few of the national parks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMAX films are always relatively short, but I know the production company- they did the Everest IMAX film back in the late 90s, among others.

    Have you seen the Ken Burns documentary on the Parks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Bill, I haven't but I will look for it in our local library. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to spend some time and reminisce at the same time Kate, listening to the voice of Robert Redford wouldn't have been bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more! Sounds like an interesting and entertaining adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do have a wonderful national park system. All we need do is keep the vultures from destroying it to satisfy their greed for lumber or oil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right; so many parks, so little time! My recent visits were to the North Ri of the Grand Canyon and Zion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would have been a good one to see. And you don't need to come along on my trips; you are doing very well yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore seeing films at the I-Max and a big fan of National Parks. We have our Golden Pass in the glove box of our car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one -- looks great! 2016 is the Year of the National Park for me. I'm hitting at least five in the next five months…starting on Easter. Can't wait! And, I completely agree -- we have a wonderful national parks system that should be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those IMAX films are never long enough for me. As a teacher I got to see every one shown at the Minnesota Zoo theater free. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!