Sunday, October 28, 2012

Plaza de San Francisco


Plaza de San Francisco

The most important building in the square is the Basilica Menor de San Franciso de Asís, built in
1580-91 as the home of the Franciscan community and partly rebuilt in the 1700's.

I found it very difficult to take photos in Old Havana because of the numerous tourists, often getting in the way of a clear shot.  Close-ups were also hard to get for the same reason; it's impossible to set up anything for a carefully composed shot,  but I tried!!


10 comments:

  1. Tourists eh! They get everywhere.

    Did you photograph any old cars while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet I love looking at the tourists, too. They give a real flavor of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still managed to get two super shots Kate, despite those darn inconsiderate tourists haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a good job! Sometimes the people add to the shot. Such an old building! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great shots. So there were lots of tourists around but, not so many Americans I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to wave people away from my pictures, too, but I understand there's a lot to be said for what people can add to a shot. It just seems to make it that much harder to get the perfect moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have captured the feel of Old Havana. What a marvelous place to see and photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first shot. I think the tourist make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have seen so little of Cuba for so many years. It's nice to see the people....even if they are mostly tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the first shot, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!