Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SKIS-ABC WEDNESDAY "S"



Towe Royal originally hails from Arvika Värmland, Sweden. She has been in the United States for 21 years and has worked at REI for the past 5. At first she lived in Indiana, but claims that she likes Minnesota much better. Good thing because she has been skiing since she entered kindergarten and although our hills might not be as great as the Rockies or other mountainous ski areas, they're fun to navigate during the winter. I thought that Gene's  advice was helpful when I consulted with him at Joe's Sporting Goods recently, but I bought my Christmas present to myself from Towe instead. The package was on sale, I liked the boots much better, plus I get points for future purchases at REI.  I will think of her often when I'm on the trails in my new Fischer skis.
To learn more about the 100 Strangers project, click here: www.100strangers.com/
To see more ABC photos from around the world, click here.

14 comments:

  1. beau sourire matinal, cela fait du bien,on a envie de lui prendre des skis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to snow ski, the lack of snow and mountains didnt help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you made a wise buying decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't want to buy skis from this smiling girl! I've never had a pair on my feet and doubt it will ever happen. Good for you Kate!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried to ski but always thought it would be fun if it weren't so darn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like that sort of thing then I'm sure she is just the person to have fun in the snow with. No way would you get me on skis though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a good skier, but my husband and son are. And, they love the snow (brrrr). The 100 strangers project sounds fascinating-will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skiing I do not do, but love to watch.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Kate. My downhill skiing days are over, full stop. In general, I prefer to be down south when it is cold, but on occasion I find myself up north when people are skiing, and cross country skiing is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got to love REI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks very friendly.

    Shoes, have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So S is also for stranger! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice lady! Someone said to me and my husband the other day that we must be used to the snow and cold since we must have had similar weather back in the states. I was a little taken aback, but apparently this person got Minnesota and Mississippi confused. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!