Thursday, May 25, 2017

Book Launch for a New Fitzgerald Book



The Commodore Hotel that was recently renovated is a St. Paul historical icon where Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda once lived, partied, and waited for the birth of their child, Scottie. For this reason alone it was an appropriate place for the book launch of a new book, "F. Scott Fitzgerald in Minnesota." Approximately 75 people crowded into the ballroom to buy the book and meet both the photographer, Jeff Krueger and the author Dave Page, who is photographed above as he explains his interest in Fitzgerald and research. I had intended to present my posts by chronologically presenting the events of F. Scott's life, but this book launch really illustrates the interest St. Paulites have in one of their favourite sons. I'll return to other aspects of his life shortly. To learn more about the Commodore Bar and Restaurant click here to read some fascinating facts about the era: prohibition, the 19th and 21st Amendments, and some gangsters plus some great black and white photos.

10 comments:

  1. I always love those lectures about writers, very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, they couldn't have picked a better place for this book launch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like quite a few people came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how nice! i love the awning on the shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you bought the book, right? I'd be interested in your comments after you've finished it. Gangsters have always been a part of the Twin Cities...I remember some pretty nasty ones when I was in high school. One of me friends who walked a thin line with the law got on the wrong side with the Mob and had to hide out for some time. He was scared to death. But he rode in my car to school often. I was scared to death. But we both survived. Well, I don't know what happened to him so can't say if he's still around or not. OK, I'll quit yammering now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of Fitzgerald fans made it to the book launch which is fantastic. You'll have a give us a review of the book after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that Fitzgerald fans remember him in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! I'm also looking forward to reading what you thought of it.
    I think it might be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the book has generated great interest locally. I suspect there's still a lot of interest in the Fitzgeralds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have loved to attend this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!