Monday, March 27, 2017

What a Week-end!




Both of us independently chose these two vases as our favourites.

Sometimes you can crowd too many things into one week-end.  By Sunday night I was exhausted.: Saturday morning I attended a political town hall meeting held by 4th District Council Woman, Betty McCollum, Sunday morning church service at Unitarian Church followed by scones and creme creche at Latte on Grand Avenue. Then DH and I drove to the Bloomington Center for the Arts to see a performance of Coppelia.  Before the ballet began, we browsed the 2017 Invitational Ceramic Exhibition in the Inez Greenberg Gallery, where there were many fine art pieces.  We particularly enjoyed the "White Circle" and the "Black Square." I'll show you some paintings later this week that were hanging in the Atrium Gallery.  After the ballet, we drove home, grabbed some food and went to hear a poetry and music performance by Naomi Shihab Nye and Sara Thomsen.

11 comments:

  1. Busy but artistically rewarding Kate, sounds like a really good way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord. I read your post about all your comings and goings and got so tired thinking about all that I had to go take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you packed a lot into one day Kate! I love the ceramics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good to enjoy the cultural opportunities available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My...that sounds exhausting...but fun! Gotta make the most out of weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those vases are wonderful, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are pretty. You definitely had quite a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm exhausted just reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did fit in a lot. A day that full would make me happy to stay home and lie low for days. Love those vases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well good to be busy and enjoying youself, lot of cultural items you had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly great weekend you had!
    Naomi Shihab Nye is one of my favorite poets:
    "Walk around feeling like a leaf.
    Know you could tumble any second.
    Then decide what to do with your time."
    (The Art Of Disappearing)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!